Hey ho everyone!
Since I haven’t posted any news about Train of Destiny for the last year (2021), I thought it would be a neat idea, to start a Dev Blog and let you know that…
I'm still working on it!
So, why haven’t there been any updates you ask, right?
- I’m working on this in my free time, so currently no more than 10 hours a week.
- I don’t want to show WIP that doesn’t look like something you can expect in the finished game, quality wise.
- I had to figure out and test a lot of basic things, like the overall level layout. And…
- I’m currently working on the graphic assets, which takes a long time, especially since I want them to be mostly tile-based and reuseable.
So what's the current state of the game?
The main level (aka the Train Station) is comming together nicely.
Background, Foreground and some details are already in the engine and it’s playable.
I build this up as the basic level for every train station with tilemaps.
This means, that I have to create lots of sprites for every variation of train station you will encounter ingame. So a lot of work now, only a few clicks later on.
I think I’m around 60% done with that.
Roadmap for 2022
My current estimates are like this:
- finish first version of main level (Train Station) in Q1 2022
- start work on Station level (Inside Train Station) in Q2 2022
- start work on Train level (Riding the Train) in Q4 2022
- Beta maybe in 2023
- no release date yet, “When it’s done” 😉
That’s all I got for the moment, I hope I can show some nice teasers next year and hopefully some updates soon in this blog.
Thanks for reading and merry X-mas!