After releasing the spoof game “Skunny in Dostalgia” in 2019, to torture Dosgamert with another Skunny game, I came back to it for speedruning.
So I updated the game.
Equipped with a Speedrun option and a build-in stopwatch, that automaticly takes your time up to the millisecond, everyone can now easily record their runs with a precise time without any hassle.
New Speedrun features
- Build-in, automated and precise Stopwatch
- Cheats and Options disabled
- ESC brings you directly back to the main menu to start a new Run
- No annoying music at the start of the game
Download the game
How to run
Just unzip the file and start “Skunny in DOStalgia.exe”.
About the game
The idea of “Skunny in DOStalgia” was born on the 15th of april 2019 when Dosgamert was streaming his “Obscure Platformers”-stream.
He complained about how bad the game “Skunny: Save our Pizzas!” was …
I immediately started to make a new game from scratch.
And since we are a DOS-Gaming-Community, I wanted to have as much (2D) DOS-Gaming related references in it as possible.
And after a month of hard work, while my tomcat was very ill, I managed to get it together and ready.
Short and uncomplete list of references in the game
- Skunny games (obviously)
- Biing! – the Intro
- Apogee and ID games – all over the place
- Wolfenstein 3D – Story music
- Indiana Jones – from the fate of Atlantis – taunting you as you enter the level
- Asterix movies – Part 2 of the level
- Commander Keen – all over the place
- Duke Nukem – Pause Menu , 5th floor, Duke1 and 2 stuff
- Biomenace – Enemies, Secret Room, Snake (Apocalypse Now!)
- Monkey Island – Guybrush in the Jail
- Day of the Tentacle – Purple in the Jail
- Jazz Jack Rabbit – Running away to the forrest
- Commando C64 – Boss 2 music
- Giana Sisters C64 – Part 3 music