Release trailer of Skunny in DOStalgia
A brief history about the game
Development started on April the 15th 2019 and was finished on June, the 24th of 2019.
The game was released on July the 22th in 2019, during this live stream:
Speedrun Update 2021
On April the 17th 2021, I released an update of the game, containing a new speedrun option:
New speedrun features
- Build-in, automated and precise Stopwatch
- Cheats and Options disabled
- ESC brings you directly back to the main menu to start a new Run
- No annoying music at the start of the game
The game is mostly a simple platformer with one autoscrolling part at the end.
Use the Arrow-keys to go left and right, Space to jump and any Alt-key for your weapons.
Collect (drink) beers to get more abilities and to get through the level.
Short list of references in the game
- Skunny games (obviously)
- Biing! – the Intro
- Apogee and ID games – all over the place
- Wolfenstein 3D – Story music
- Indiana Jones – from the fate of Atlantis – taunting you as you enter the level
- Asterix movies – Part 2 of the level
- Commander Keen – all over the place
- Duke Nukem – Pause Menu , 5th floor, Duke1 and 2 stuff
- Biomenace – Enemies, Secret Room, Snake (Apocalypse Now!)
- Monkey Island – Guybrush in the Jail
- Day of the Tentacle – Purple in the Jail
- Jazz Jack Rabbit – Running away to the forrest
- Commando C64 – Boss 2 music
- Giana Sisters C64 – Part 3 music